We are a veteran-Owned Small Business
By dining at Gusto Napoletano, you’re supporting a veteran-owned business that serves satisfying and authentic Neapolitan cuisine to residents of Fayetteville, NC. Our chef, Nadia Minniti, creates her dishes from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. You can taste our food through take-outs and walk-ins, or by booking us for your event.
Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN)
Chef Nadia Minniti successfully completed the pizzaiolo training, and was awarded the pizzaiolo certificate by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana. The East Coast Pizzaiolo training for both the basic and regular courses is also held in our restaurant.
How We Make Pizza
We use wholesome ingredients when making our authentic Neapolitan pizza in compliance to the Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN) guidelines.
These are as follows:
• The dough is made with just water, salt, yeast, and flour.
• Stretching of the dough is made by hand.
• Specific designated ingredients from Naples must be used.
• Pizza must be cooked in a wood-fired oven, without a baking pan, for 60-90 seconds.
• Pizza should be golden in color with a few burns and bubbles.
• Pizza should be round with a diameter non greater than 35 cm.
• Marinara must be made with San Marzano tomatoes, garlic, salt, oregano, and a swirl of extra virgin olive oil.
• Margherita must be made with San Marzano tomatoes, salt, mozzarella di bufala, basil, and a swirl of extra virgin olive oil.